Thursday, February 12, 2015

Our Ship Has Come In...Sort Of

For those of you who are not following my so-called oversharing on Facebook, I want to announce that the NYK Meteor has docked in Norfolk. I resisted the urge to drive down there and check it out, and maybe even tow the whole thing back to Burlington Place.

Now I wish I had.

This is the response from our relocation agent, who does not seem particularly concerned:

Yes, I have received arrival notice on the vessel but the tracking you may have seen is only related to the vessel arrival.  I have not received information on discharge yet.  The container release is also pending customs clearance so that can be at least another 7 to 10 working days.  Right now, I would not estimate delivery until possibly the week of February 23.  I may have a better idea by the end of the week.


Then she asks if we have any travel plans in the next few weeks.

Great. Our life has been on hold for three months, and we still don't have any real handle on a delivery date. If only I had known it would take this long....

2 comments:

  1. Nice Info! There are many who wish sell their old car just to earn some money on their old car by using junk car services.

    Junk Your Car | Cash for Junk a Car | Selling Junk Cars for Cash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Info! This is really a nice post in which you shared a topic that is our ship has come in...sort of which is really nice.

    Scrapyards in New York City | Recycling Scrap Metals

    ReplyDelete