Tuesday, February 3, 2015

At Anchor

Just when you think that you're making progress in this whole move-back-to-America thing, the whole thing comes to a screeching halt. Literally.

Yesterday, I was excited to see that the NYK Meteor had exited the Panama Canal and was sitting way way off the coast of Panama. When I logged on today, I expected to see it making its way up along the coast of Cuba.

Nope. The NYK Meteor is "at anchor" in the same spot as yesterday, no matter how many times I hit the "refresh" button. (Hey, it beats driving editors crazy, not that it's totally stopped me from doing that either.)

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: I just went online to double check the "at anchor" posting and saw that the NYK Meteor is now "underway using engine." Be still, my beating heart. Cuba, here we come!!!

I'm going to try to ignore the photos sent to me by some of my oh-so-funny friends of what could go wrong.



CORRECTION: Upon further investigation, I see now that the NYK Meteor is headed back to the Manzanillo International port in Panama. So much for Cuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment